You’re looking for an internship position, but neither want to make coffee nor copies? You’d rather help save the planet, work location independently on flexible work hours and learn something meaningful for your future life while at it? Are you looking for the world’s most meaningful internship?
How about offering endangered animal species another shot at survival? Or fight climate change? Or increase life quality for communities in need?
Even better: Imagine you could all these things at the same time?
Welcome to B’n’Tree. Welcome to the world’s most meaningful internship.
Contents of Marketing & PR With B’n’Tree: The World’s Most Meaningful Internship
Who We Are
B’n’Tree is the travel platform that plants trees. For every booking that originates on bedandtree.com, we plant a tree – without any charge to the user. Cooperation partners include the world’s largest booking platforms, such as Booking, Skyscanner, Expedia, TripAdvisor etc.
To date we have planted over 50,000 trees. But that’s just the beginning. Our planet loses 15 billion trees every year. Hence we have a lot of work to do. And that’s why we need you.
Trees fight climate change, create habitat for endangered animal species and jobs for local communities. Three good deeds in one – with one single click of a mouse.
Watch this short, yet super touching video from our tree-planting partner Eden Reforestation Projects on the meaning of planting trees.
You can effectuate all this with your internship. Are you in?
What We Need
- Highly motivated visionaries. We‘re not planning for the next 1,000 trees. We’re planning for the next million – as stepping stone for a billion. One billion trees is quite a lot.
- Digital communication experts. Our team comes from 4 different continents and we all work location independently. Communication is key to success.
- Hard working Doers with plenty self-discipline. Our world won’t save itself. And we’re too busy for babysitting. We need people full of can-do energy and sufficient self-discipline to turn that energy into results.
What We Offer
- The World’s Most Meaningful Internship. Your work makes our planet a better place.
- An international team of diligent world saviors.
- Uncomplicated startup atmosphere. Your ideas and suggestions are welcome and encouraged. We’re not stuck in any corporate routines (yet).
- Strong learning curve. You won’t make coffee nor copies. From day 1 onwards you’ll be challenged – and supported.
- Personal support by B’n’Tree founder Chris Kaiser. Chris has over 10 years experience in marketing and sales from five different continents. He now shares this experience with you.
Sounds like you? Then expect to handle the following
- Marketing in all its facets, both online and offline. You need to make B’n’Tree even more popular. You’ll learn about social media marketing, influencer marketing, newsletter marketing and automation as well as survey creation and execution. You’ll visit trade fairs, talk with real people in real life and several things more. You won’t get bored.
- Idea development and execution in an international team. As dynamic startup we’re aware that standing still is our doom. Hence we continuously develop new ideas with the entire team on how to plant even more trees.
- Database maintenance and research. True story: Even saving the world needs tedious groundwork at times. Luckily only ‘at times’.
Sounds awesome? Then here are some
Hard Facts About The World’s Most Meaningful Internship
- Tasks: Marketing & PR
- Location: location independent
- Duration: Min 3 months, min 20h / week
- Language: English; additional languages an advantage
- Remuneration: Unpaid internship. We currently invest 100% of our revenue into planting trees. You’ll get paid with a lot of experiences and the wonderful knowledge of doing good.
Haven’t clicked off yet? Then it’s time to start working on your application. Here’s how.
How To Apply For The World’s Most Meaningful Internship
At B’n’Tree we do things differently. We don’t need three pages curriculum plus five references. What we need is the following (2 pages maximum, all in English):
- Short, personal letter of motivation, including:
- Your first B’n’Tree B2C elevator pitch (as video (max 30 seconds) or in writing (max 3 sentences)).
- One killer idea on how you will help save the planet
- Your strategy on how you will get AirBnB to join B’n’Tree (please don’t contact anyone quite yet)
- Rating of the following marketing activities by priority: Create a Facebook post, publish a guest article on a popular travel blog, write a local newspaper article, pin up a B’n’Tree poster at your local university or telling your best buddy who’s about to head to Australia about B’n’Tree.
- Short CV, tailor-made for B’n’Tree. (Hint: Focus on travel experience, marketing and language skills.)
- Note on when you’ll be available for how long and how many hours per week.
Head of Marketing
Subject: Application For The World’s Most Meaningful Internship